We’ve got a homemade salsa that tastes worlds better than the store-bought varieties. Made with fresh tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, coriander and lime juice, this salsa delivers authentic Mexican flavour. It’s raw, vegan, low carb, gluten-free and unlike the jarred varieties, this recipe is made without flavour enhancers or preservatives. It’s truly the best tasting salsa ever!
Simply throw all the ingredients into the Vibe blender jug, give it a few pulses and you’ll get the perfect chunky salsa consistency in seconds. It’s really that easy. If you can prepare the salsa in advance, to allow the flavours to fully develop, all the better.
Salsa can be used as a dip, appetiser, or topping piled up on tacos, burritos and any Mexican favourite. It’s also a lovely addition with fish, chicken, you name it. Consider dunking homemade raw carrot and flaxseed crackers or black bean tortillas teamed with guacamole.
4 medium sized tomatoes, quartered
½ medium sized red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
3 jalapeños, seeds removed and quartered
Juice of 1 lime
1-2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 cup fresh coriander (½ bunch), roughly chopped
1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt or to taste
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in the Vibe blender jug starting with the chopped tomatoes and then remaining ingredients on top.
2. Secure the lid on, remove the plug and insert the tamper.
3. Use one hand to press the pulse button (at 1 second intervals) and the other to tamp the ingredients into the blades. 3-4 pulses should be all it needs.
4. Open the lid and peak in. Continue to pulse until you have reached your preferred salsa consistency.
5. Pour into a bowl and transfer to the fridge. Allow to sit for at least one hour for the flavours to meld before serving.
6. Store homemade fresh salsa in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. To keep your preservative free, homemade condiments fresh for longer use Luvele glass and stainless-steel vacuum canisters. (Coming soon) Find out more here.
If you make this, or any of our recipes, we would love to see your creations. Leave us a comment, or tag a photo using #luvelelife on Instagram.