The Luvele kitchen has been busy developing a range of quick and easy, dairy-free milk recipes to make at home in the Vibe Blender System. This coconut, cashew and oat milk recipes is one of our favourites. It’s extra thick, smooth, creamy, and oh-so delicious. And, coffee lovers, we’ve got your back! This plant-based blend is perfect for heating and frothing.
As much as we luv the taste of all of our dairy-free blender milks - few pass the ‘heat and froth’ test. Our recent plain homemade oat milk recipe can become lumpy when heated, our homemade almond milk is a little too thin, and our homemade coconut milks tend to be too strong tasting - and none have enough body to hold a satisfying froth! This unique blend however, has just the right ratio of ingredients to get that rich, dreamy, creamy, dairy-milk texture you’ve been missing.
If you’re not a coffee drinker, you’ll also love coconut, cashew and oat milk in overnight oats, over granola or homemade muesli, chia pots, or anywhere milk is required! With coconut and dates in the mix, it’s naturally quite sweet and makes a delicious, wholesome drink, straight out of the fridge.
We always recommend soaking raw cashews beforehand. Six hours or overnight is ideal, but for a quick, cheats method, soak them in hot water for half an hour. The Vibe blender blades are powerful enough to cream firm nuts with equally smooth, milky results.
1 cup raw cashews (soak in water with 1 teaspoon of salt)
¾ cup shredded or flaked coconut (preservative free & unsweetened)
½ cup rolled oats (gluten-free if GF) – do not use quick or steel cut oats
1 medjool date, pitted
1 pinch salt
3 cups water (4 cups for thinner milk)
1. Pour the soaked cashews into a sieve, thoroughly rinse and then drain. Tap the sieve to remove excess water and then pour the nuts into the clear Vibe blender jug.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients, starting with 3 cups of water.
3. Secure the lid on, then blend on ‘smoothie’ mode for 50 seconds
4. Strain the milk though a nut milk bag or piece of muslin cloth over a sieve - gather the edges of the cloth and squeeze out the liquid until only the pulp remains. This may take a few minutes.
5. Transfer the milk into a sealable glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
5. To boil and froth, pour a small amount of cashew, coconut and oat milk into a saucepan. Gently heat while whisking. Remove from the heat once the milk begins to simmer. The milk will thicken slightly and hold froth suitable for a latte. It will not raise like dairy milk or produce froth suitable for a cappuccino.